We are building a 2003 Subaru WRX.
Project +Lightness is our goal of reducing weight in a balanced manner and maximizing ~300 whp to produce a reliable mountain pass machine. Weight reduction not only improves straightline performance, but it improves braking and handling as well. A lighter chassis should be easier on the engine and transmission, and a balanced chassis is more responsive to steering inputs.
Database: Weighing WRX Parts
Add lightness; be the lightness.Keep reading
Thinking about Weight Distribution
So I was watching an Evo X review video on…Keep reading
Add lightnessKeep reading
About the Bugeye
This is my 2003 WRX in World Rally Blue with practically 200k miles on it. I bought it from the original owner who did the EJ207 version 8 swap after the EJ205 spun a bearing at around 100k miles. I bought it as a replacement for my 2005 STi in 2016.
/əˈrijənl/ • adjective
- present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest
- created directly and personally by a particular artist; not a copy or imitation.
- not dependent on other people’s ideas; inventive and unusual.
A Good Drive
Exploring good drives around East Tennessee
- Good Drive: TN-62Over the spring semester, I had to travel to a site for a school project. The site was a couple hours away and luckily enough, I had just driven one of the roads leading up to it the week or so prior. So instead of catching the interstate, I was comfortable enough to hit theContinue reading “Good Drive: TN-62”
- Drives: Final Dragon Run of 2017As 2017 draws to a merciful close, I decided to cap the year off with an impromptu Dragon Run. Of course, I was in the middle of reattaching my eBay v2 lip. I took out the center screws and attached the inner portions to the bumper cover with double-sided tape. I tried using some 3MContinue reading “Drives: Final Dragon Run of 2017”
- A Good Two-Hour Drive.East Tennessee is home to several great roads to drive, with the most famous being the Tail of the Dragon. This is probably due to the the Appalachian Mountains running right along the eastern Tennessee/western North Carolina border. If there is a road running across this area then there is a good bet that itContinue reading “A Good Two-Hour Drive.”
- Potential Good Drive – Tobes Creek RoadMaybe?
Resources & Data
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.